Saturday 20 October 2012

Dance

Here I am taking several dance classes.  I have contemporary for 2 hours in school on Mondays, 1 hour ballet followed by 1 hour and a half of modern on Tuesdays, and an hour-ish of jazz on Thursday, which makes for 5 and a half hours of dance a week.  It's great being able to dance here, especially since I won't be able to in SSS- It won't fit into my timetable.  I still get to choreograph though, which is exciting.

Over all the arts here seem more liberal than Canada.  In art and dance class in school there is no real structure and I'm not really sure how marking works.  It is very contemporary   In the studio that I go to outside of school it's basically exactly the same as Canada, so I think it's just the school.

The dance studios at school are beautiful.  Here are some pictures:



They are brand new and slightly bigger than our new studios at SSS.  They also have a completely enclosed porch on one side of the studio shown at the top.  Yoga on the porch would be awesome in the summertime.  
The school rents out their studios to the conservatory dance course, which is 8 hours a week in the evenings and weekends.  Why don't we rent out our studios?  They aren't used at all on weekends.  We could use the funds for the dance program.

I'm sure there is a reason we don't rent out our dance studios.  It's probably a fire hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment